I’ve been a fan of White Rabbits since their 2007 album Fort Nightly. They took a step forward with their sound on their sophomore album It’s Frightening. This teaser track, from their forthcoming album Milk Famous, available March 6 on TBD Records. The first official single, “Temporary,” will be released around the release of the album. Look for the band on tour in the US this fall.
Posts Tagged ‘white rabbits’
Posted in Music, tagged album review, audio, best of, cage the elephant, dave grohl, dead man's bones, death cab for cutie, florence + the machine, foo fighters, hockey, hockey band, jack white, john paul jones, josh homme, led zeppelin, list, muse, nofx, passion pit, pearl jam, queens of the stone age, rodrigo y gabriela, ryan gosling, silversun pickups, the dead weather, them crooked vultures, white rabbits on December 12, 2009 | 9 Comments »
Posted in Concerts, Music, tagged adele, anya marina, arctic monkeys, asher roth, autolux, avalon theater, ben harper, ben harper and relentless7, bird eater, blue october, bouncing souls, cameron rafati, carolina liar, club elevate, club sound, club vegas, coachella, colbie caillat, concerts, david archuleta, death cab for cutie, dirtyheads, e center, eagle twin, elevate, energysolutions arena, eric hutchinson, erin mccarley, flight of the conchords, franz ferdinand, fun, gallivan center, green day, harry o's, in the venue, ingrid michaelson, jack's mannequin, james morrison, katy perry, keane, kid cudi, kilby court, kingsbury hall, lenka, lily allen, list, mat kearney, matt hires, mc hammer, mckay events center, mictlan, modest mouse, murray theatre, need to breathe, needtobreathe, o.a.r., owl city, p.o.s., passion pit, pearl jam, pelican, pilot speed, psychedelic furs, rancid, red butte gardens, regina spektor, serena ryder, sims, snow patrol, sonic youth, stanfield artist lounge, ten out of tenn, the airborne toxic event, the daylights, the dead weather, the depot, the fray, the furs, the morning benders, the sounds, the state room, the submarines, the ting tings, thriving ivory, tombs, tool, upper deck, urban lounge, usana amphitheater, utah state fairpark, vanilla ice, vedera, warped tour, white rabbits on December 9, 2009 | 7 Comments »
The last couple years, I’ve kept a running list of the concerts I’ve attended, and 2009 will be no different. So I start a list of my 2009 concerts. As before, the list will be updated as concerts are attended.
- Jan 17: David Archuleta at Stanfield Artist Lounge, Park City, UT
- Jan 20: O.A.R. w/ Eric Hutchinson at The Depot, Salt Lake City, UT
- Jan 21: Bouncing Souls, X-Dance at Elevate, SLC, UT
- Jan 23: Lenka at Kilby Court, SLC, UT
- Jan 24: Adele w/ James Morrison at Murray Theatre, Murray, UT
- Feb 10: Katy Perry w/ The Daylights at In The Venue, SLC, UT
- Feb 13: P.O.S. w/ Mictlan, Sims at Kilby Court, SLC, UT
- Feb 21: The Submarines, the Morning Benders at Kilby Court, SLC, UT
- Feb 28: MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice at McKay Events Center, Orem, UT
- Mar 18: Thriving Ivory at Murray Theater, Murray, UT
- Mar 31: Blue October at the Depot, SLC, UT
- Apr 1: Ten Out of Tenn feat. Erin McCarley and more at Kilby Court, SLC, UT
- Apr 2: Pelican w/ Eagle Twin, Tombs, Bird Eater at Club Vegas, SLC, UT
- Apr 8: Lily Allen at In The Venue, SLC, UT
- Apr 9: The Ting Tings at In The Venue, SLC, UT
- Apr 17-19: Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival at Empire Polo Field, Indio, CA
- Apr 22: Carolina Liar at Gallivan Center, SLC, UT
- Apr 28: Serena Ryder at Avalon Theater, SLC, UT
- May 1: Lenka at Avalon Theater, SLC, UT
- May 12: Anya Marina (opening for The Virgins) at Kilby Court, SLC, UT
- May 12: Keane at Kingsbury Hall, SLC, UT
- May 17: Flight of the Conchords at Abravanel Hall, SLC, UT
- May 21: Dirtyheads w/ Pilot Speed at Upper Deck, Scottsdale, AZ
- Jun 25: White Rabbits at Urban Lounge, SLC, UT
- Jul 13: Death Cab For Cutie w/ Andrew Bird at Red Butte Gardens, SLC, UT
- Jul 18: The Fray w/ Jack’s Mannequin at USANA Ampthitheatre, West Valley, UT
- Jul 19: Tool at EnergySolutions Arena, SLC, UT
- Jul 22: Kid Cudi w/ Asher Roth at Harry O’s, Park City, UT
- Jul 31: Sonic Youth at Gallivan Center, SLC, UT
- Aug 4: Needtobreathe w/ Cameron Rafati, the State Room, SLC, UT
- Aug 8: Warped Tour at Utah State Fairpark, SLC, UT
- Aug 16: Green Day w/ Franz Ferdinand at ESA, SLC, UT
- Aug 18: The Dead Weather at the Depot, SLC, UT
- Aug 21: Matt Hires at the State Room, SLC, UT
- Sep 1: Modest Mouse at In the Venue, SLC, UT
- Sep 8: Fun. at Kilby Court, SLC, UT
- Sep 12: Psychedelic Furs at Club Sound, SLC, UT
- Sep 22: Arctic Monkeys w/ the Airborne Toxic Event at In the Venue, SLC, UT
- Sep 23: Autolux w/ the Furs at Urban Lounge, SLC, UT
- Sep 24: Rancid at In The Venue, SLC, UT
- Sep 28: Pearl Jam w/ Ben Harper & Relentless7 at E Center, West Valley City, UT
- Oct 2: Colbie Caillat at In The Venue, SLC, UT
- Oct 7: Passion Pit at Urban Loung, SLC, UT
- Oct 10: Snow Patrol at McKay Events Center, Orem, UT
- Oct 11: Owl City at In the Venue, SLC, UT
- Oct 17: Ingrid Michaelson at In the Venue, SLC, UT
- Oct 28: Mat Kearney w/ Vedera at In the Venue, SLC, UT
- Oct 30: The Sounds at In the Venue, SLC, UT
- Nov 6: Regina Spektor at In the Venue, SLC, UT
- Dec 8: Ten Out Of Tenn at Kilby Court, SLC, UT
I featured White Rabbits on the NMS back in May, and brought the song back today because the band is performing tonight at Urban Lounge. The group is a six-piece based in NYC and their song “Percussion Gun” is starting to make some waves. I had the pleasure of speaking with Jamie Levinson, one of the drummers in the band, and you can hear the interview after the jump.
Response to this was pretty positive. Scott said they weren’t bad, and that he was going to look into their other musice. Several anonymous texters responded, one saying “That new song was bitchin’.” There weren’t any negative responses at all for White Rabbits, it was a clean sweep.
Take the jump to hear the complete interview with Levinson and to watch the video for “Percussion Gun.”
White Rabbits were behind my #2 album of 2007, their debut album Fort Nightly, and I’ve been a vocal fan of theirs ever since. Now, with their sophomore release (out today!) they are coming to Salt Lake (they had to cancel their last trip to Utah) to play a show on June 25th at Urban Lounge. Today’s NMS is the lead single from their new album, It’s Frightening. They performed “Percussion Gun” on the Late Show with David Letterman yesterday; you can see that performance and the official video after the jump.
Posted in Music, tagged album review, asher roth, bob dylan, cage the elephant, datarock, death cab for cutie, electric touch, friendly fires, ghostland observatory, glasvegas, home video, iglu & hartly, k'naan, list, matt hires, metric, nofx, passion pit, peter bjorn and john, school of seven bells, serena ryder, silversun pickups, white rabbits on May 5, 2009 | 4 Comments »
I just finished writing an email to some of my friends and family with these suggestions of bands to check out. When I was almost finished, I thought to myself, “This would make for a good blog post.” And so I copied the meat and potatoes of the email and pasted it right here for you, because I love you that much.
So here you are, twenty-some bands you should check out. Believe me, your ears will appreciate what you’ve done for them.
Each suggestions comes with a blurb and a link to the band’s MySpace page so you can preview before going about either purchasing or illegally downloading (not a suggestion, I just know how you thieving bastards work!). Read on, if you dare…
White Rabbits burst into my consciousness back in 2007 with their debut album Fort Nightly. That album went on to be included in my year-end Top 10 list (which was lost in the Great Google Gaffe of ’08). Since then, I’ve been wanting to see them live (they cancelled their Salt Lake show last year), and anticipating their next album. I anticipate no more!
This weekend I downloaded their latest effort, It’s Frightening, and have only been able to listen to it once, but early indications are that it is a great album. Perhaps less accessible and immediately catchy than their previous, but no less enjoyable for my ears. This morning, Pitchfork posted on their Twitter a link to the Rabbits’ new video for “Percussion Gun.” I’ve posted it here.
Check it out after the jump.