Unless you’re living under a rock somewhere you’ve no doubt heard the song “Somebody I Used To Know” by Gotye. Due to it’s fame a lot of covers have been surfacing on the YouTubes. This is one I spotted on Facebook, where Ingrid Michaelson posted it herself. I’ve liked Ingrid’s music since 2008, and this is just an illustration of why. Her voice is so sultry. I loves it.
Archive for December, 2011
I’ve written a couple concert reviews for the Audio Perv, and recently covered Deck the Hall Ball for them. 1077 the end’s winter concert festival has been going for 20 years now, and this one was stupendous:
Radio stations often put together disjointed lineups for such things as a holiday show like 107.7 The End’s Deck the Hall Ball. Because an alternative rock station like this plays so many bands from innumerable sub-genres, it can be difficult to find several acts that fit reasonably well together and can draw a large audience at the same time. In the 20th annual edition of the station’s winter festival, the end brought in some of alternative’s heaviest hitters. With Grammy nominated acts like Mumford & Sons and Death Cab For Cutie as headliners along with young up-and-comers Cage the Elephant, Foster the People, Young the Giant, Two Door Cinema Club and Grouplove lending support.
Because Deck the Hall Ball had so many bands this year, it was necessary to start rather early for a weekday. Grouplove took the stage at 4pm, and traffic kept me from getting to the venue on time to see their set. However, I had a chance to speak with the band later in the evening, and they noted that they’ll be back in Seattle with Young the Giant in April next year. I saw them in Salt Lake City earlier this year, and I can attest that they are a phenomenal live band. They plan to start work on their sophomore release this summer, after the tour with Young the Giant.
Read the whole review, with pictures, at the Audio Perv.
I’m not a huge fan of the MIB series, but they’ve been good movies. Not great, but worth watching. With that said, when I first started reading about MIB3 I thought it was going to be terrible. With this trailer I now think it will be another fun-to-watch movie. Will Smith is back, Tommy Lee Jones is back, and Josh Brolin is…back?
According to Paste Magazine:
In this third film, Agent J must go back to the 1960s to save Agent K from dying. Yup, through the Men in Black series, they’ve apparently had the power to time-travel.
In addition to the return of Smith, Jones, Rip Torn as Zed, and Barry Sonnenfeld as director, this newest installment will add Emma Thompson, Bill Hader, Michael Stuhlbarg and Flight of the Conchords’ Jemaine Clement. Men in Black 3 will also be the film’s first installment in 3D.
MIB3 will hit theaters on May 25.
Posted in Concerts, Music, tagged a beuford gifford's, best coast, brand new, bring me the horizon, broken spells, bumbershoot, cage the elephant, coachella, codi jordan band, concerts, death cab for cutie, deck the hall ball, electric six, empire polo field, Foster the People, grouplove, house of blue, in the venue, key arena, kilby court, king niko, list, long distance operator, mumford & sons, neon trees, pendulum, people under the stairs, ratatat, rice-eccles stadium, scenic byway, seattle center, She Wants Revenge, showbox sodo, sleeper agent, soundgarden, star bar, the black angels, the californian, the complex, the constellations, the gorge, the steelwells, the suicycles, the vera project, two door cinema club, u2, urban lounge, wavves, young the giant on December 8, 2011 | 2 Comments »
- Jan 20: Neon Trees with the Codi Jordan Band at the House of Blues Foundation Room at Star Bar, Park City, UT
- Jan 22: People Under the Stairs with Scenic Byway at Urban Lounge, Salt Lake City, UT
- Feb 15: Best Coast with Wavves at Urban Lounge
- Feb 17: Pendulum at In the Venue, SLC, UT
- Feb 25: King Niko, the Suicycles, Broken Spells at A Beuford Gifford’s Libation Emporium, Provo, UT
- Mar 5: King Niko, Long Distance Operator, the Suicycles at Bar Deluxe, SLC, UT
- Mar 18: The Codi Jordan Band with King Niko at the Complex, SLC, UT
- Mar 22: She Wants Revenge with The Californian at Bar Deluxe
- Mar 29: Foster the People with Grouplove and the Steelwells at Kilby Court, SLC, UT
- Mar 29: Electric Six with the Constellations at Urban Lounge
- Apr 15-17: Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival at Empire Polo Field, Indio, CA
- Apr 20: The Codi Jordan Band at the Complex
- May 6: The Black Angels at Urban Lounge
- May 24: U2 at Rice-Eccles Stadium, SLC, UT
- Jun 4: Ratatat at the Complex
- Jun 7: Foster the People at Urban Lounge
- Jul 30: Soundgarden at the Gorge, George, WA
- Sep 4-5: Bumbershoot Music and Arts Festival (Day Two and Day Three) at Seattle Center, Seattle, WA
- Sep 6: Bring Me the Horizon at Showbox SoDo, Seattle, WA
- Sep 7: Brand New at Showbox SoDo
- Oct 2: Sleeper Agent at the Vera Project, Seattle, WA
- Oct 22: Death Cab For Cutie at Key Arena, Seattle WA
- Dec 7: 1077 the end’s Deck the Hall Ball with Mumford & Sons, Death Cab For Cutie, Cage the Elephant, Foster the People, Young the Giant, Two Door Cinema Club and Grouplove at Key Arena